When it comes to taking real photos, it is necessary to have a quality camera that is at the level of what we need. And although it is true that mobile cameras continue to evolve, also what is the ability to control the image and the game that a conventional camera has not yet been matched by smartphones.
And even less if we talk about Canon cameras, which continue to occupy a prominent position among users both for their quality and for everything they offer. Something we find in models of the best Canon camera for beginner such as the Canon EOS 700D SLR camera, which has an 18-megapixel sensor, 3-inch screen, Full HD recording, and an image management system that improves details and reduces image noise. Similar features to the model Canon EOS 1300D, which at that resolution of 18 megapixels and its smooth operation adds details such as WiFi and NFC connectivity or a drop-down flash that gives even more play when taking pictures.
Comparison chart of the best Canon camera for beginner
The Best Canon Camera For Beginner -Reviews In 2020
When we are looking for a quality camera we are interested in it being a trusted and recognized brand. And if what we are looking for is the best brand of cameras, surely in Canon we will find the answer. This is a manufacturer that, together with Nikon and Fujifilm, is part of the leading trio in this sector, offering quality products for all types of users.
Something that you can check by taking a look at our list of the best Canon camera for beginner of 2020, with products that go from the professional camera and full of functions or compatible with the Full Frame system, to the cheapest and most accessible compact cameras for newcomers.
Rank#1: Canon EOS 700D
If we ask the users the best Canon camera for beginner, many will answer that it is the Canon EOS 700D model. A camera with experience in the market, within the segments of Canon SLR cameras, but that maintains adequate functionality to give a remarkable performance.
This is something that can be seen in detail such as its resolution of 18 megapixels, which also generates images with a lower level of noise and even more details. This is a quality that can also be seen on its screen and its control system. The 3-inch screen is orientable wherever we want and becomes the control center of a product with lots of options and functions.
But if you don’t want to complicate yourself, the camera also includes automatic modes with which to take photos without having to worry more than focusing and shooting.
Despite taking time in the market, users highlight this model as the best Canon camera for a beginner of the moment. Among other things for their functions, which we see below.
- Resolution: The 18-megapixel resolution sensor is capable of taking high-quality photos, as well as recording video in Full HD format.
- Screen: The 3-inch touch screen can be placed as it suits you, being very useful for taking selfies and taking all kinds of photos or videos.
- Processing: Quality processing reduces the noise level and improves the details present in the image.
- Scene mode: The intelligent scene mode helps automate the taking of images, being very practical for newcomers to these types of cameras.
- Objective: The camera is accompanied by an 18-55 mm lens with which to have greater versatility when taking pictures.
- Professional users: Even though it is a camera with a great variety of functions, it is possible that the most demanding users will miss some feature that interests them.
Rank#2: Canon EOS 1300D
Within the Canon EOS range, the Canon EOS 1300D is another of its outstanding products. This is a camera that maintains the resolution of 18 megapixels and the wide functionality that characterizes this range of products but also includes some news about it.
Among them we have improved connectivity, so you can share your photos through the included WiFi connection, as well as NFC connectivity, which makes that connection easier. The camera also incorporates the Digic 4+ processor, with which to obtain better image quality both in taking photos and videos.
All this while maintaining the kit design of the EOS models and complemented with an objective of 18-55, so that you can take distant images without losing quality while giving free rein to your creativity.
If you don’t know which Canon camera to buy and you don’t want to spend too much, this model combines good quality with a really interesting price.
- Processor: The Digic 4+ processor adds extra power and performance when processing your images.
- High resolution shooting: The camera incorporates a high resolution shooting function at a speed of 3 fps.
- Connectivity: This camera significantly improves product connectivity by including features such as WiFi or NFC.
- Flash drop: The flash drop makes it easier to give a touch of light to those photos that need it, separating that point of light from the lens.
- ISO Sensitivity: The ISO sensitivity is somewhat fairer than that of other similar models, staying at a maximum of 12,800.
- Trigger: According to some users, the trigger is somewhat picky when activated, so it should be done to avoid these inconveniences.
Rank#3: Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
In the case of Canon, talking about compact cameras does not always mean a loss of quality. And the proof is found in the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II camera.
This compact camera incorporates a 20.1-megapixel sensor and an efficient imaging system with which to obtain adequate performance in almost any light situation. This is a performance that also extends to its ability to take videos in Full HD quality.
Despite being a compact camera, it has a 3-inch screen in which it is easy to focus and manage all the functions of the product, including a drop-down flash, for when extra light is needed. All this in a model of tight size, with a weight of 295 grams and measures 10.5 centimeters wide by 6.1 high and 4.2 deep.
Who is not clear about the best Canon camera for the beginner, he can find but does want a compact model, he will find in this camera a complete and interesting product.
- Sensor: The 20.1-inch sensor helps you obtain high-quality imaging in all types of circumstances, even when light is in short supply.
- RAW Format: The camera supports RAW format storage, even in burst mode, so you can later process the images as you like.
- Measures and weight: Despite all its characteristics, this product only weighs 295 grams, with measures of 10.5 centimeters wide by 6.1 high and 4.2 deep.
- Noise: The focus engine is somewhat louder than it would be desirable and even in the recordings it can be perceived.
- Audio recording: The only existing option to record audio is the built-in microphone since the camera does not include external audio input.
Rank#4: Canon EOS 750D
The Canon EOS 750D camera breaks the trend of this product range by significantly increasing both the available functions and the quality of the image taking process.
Specifically, this camera has a resolution of 24.2 megapixels and an ISO sensitivity that reaches 25,600, the highest in the market. It also improves its processor, which now allows high-resolution images to be taken even at 5 fps.
All this is a kit whose characteristics are already known, such as the free-spin screen and 3 inches diagonally and the large control area with which to fully squeeze all the parameters when taking pictures.
And to finish off the set, the camera is accompanied by a stabilized 18-55 lens. Ideal both for bringing distant objects closer and for maintaining the pulse in the image taking thanks to its stabilizing function.
Let us know some more details about the design of this camera and all the functions it offers to the most demanding photographers.
- Resolution: It is one of the models with the highest resolution within the EOS range, reaching 24.2 megapixels and 25,600 ISO.
- Processor: The Digic 6 processor also improves the resolution and burst image capacity, reaching 5 fps.
- Objective: The included 18-55 objective helps to take pictures of remote objects and is also stabilized. So you can forget about the photos moved and the trembling videos.
- Ease of use: Compared to other models in the range, this is one of the most professional, so it can be somewhat complex for users not versed in these cameras.
- User manuals: The included user manuals are not in Spanish, although they can be found without problems on the Canon website.
Rank#5: Canon IXUS 185
Since not all of us need the most powerful and quality digital camera on the market, Canon also offers interesting proposals within the cheapest cameras, such as the Canon IXUS 185 model.
This compact and traditional-cut camera incorporates a 20-megapixel resolution sensor, 8x optical zoom, and another 16x interpolated zoom, so image quality will not be a problem.
The model incorporates the Digic 4+ processor that helps to obtain better image results, while the 2.7-inch screen simplifies the process of focusing and controlling the product.
And if that were not enough, all this is included in a camera of just 109 grams and measures similar to those of a smartphone. That is why we can classify it as the best Canon price-quality camera that we have included in this selection.
Let’s see some detail more than one of the cheapest and quality Canon cameras we have found in the market.
- Resolution: Its 20 megapixels of resolution generate high-quality images and even videos in HD format.
- Zoom: Includes 8x optical zoom and digital zoom up to 16x, with which you do not lose quality when approaching remote objects.
- Compact: This compact camera has measures similar to those of a mobile phone and weighs only 109 grams, so you can take it with you wherever you want.
- Image control: The camera is ready to operate in automatic mode, making it difficult to take control of the images in manual mode.
- A USB cable: The camera does not include the USB cable with which to connect it to a PC, so if you want to do it you will have to buy it separately or use one that you already have.